Hategan Foundation has grown out of a single project, namely the Timisoara Viennese Ball, a charity event which aims to bring together the cultural, social, educational and business communities of Timisoara, the third largest city in Romania.
Since its foundation in 2012, the initiative has collaborated with various groups of our local communities, from youth to businessmen, from cultural sector to disadvantaged social groups. However, throughout the years, we have realized the need for a wholistic approach to community life. Therefore, at the beginning of 2016, we have decided to broaden the scope of the Timisoara Viennese Ball Foundation in order to reach out to more people. It only seemed natural to change the name of our organization to Hațegan Foundation, after the name of the initiator of the Timisoara Viennese Ball, Ioana Hațegan.
By adopting the new direction, the main objective of the Hațegan Foundation is the shaping and supporting of strong communities from Timișoara, as well and from our region, through three programs: CULTURE, EDUCATION and WELLBEING.
We believe in the power of „TOGETHER”. Therefore, we aim to build strong communities through programmes which support life-long diverse education, work-life balance, and civic involvement.
The objectives of the Hațegan Foundation are:
- to build strong communities through cultural events, social projects and awareness campaigns
- to promote culture and arts in the local community
- to improve the quality of work-life balance
- to enrich the community life through cultural and artistic programmes
- to improve the life quality of our local community through fundraising activities
- to develop new humanitarian projects and to support existing ones
- to promote a sustainable development of our communities by encouraging and supporting local and regional initiatives, by promoting local partnerships and social responsibility
- to promote and offer financial support to talented and motivated young people who have limited personal resources to pursue their career development
- Ioana Hategan, Founder and Coordinator Development Strategies
- Oana Romocea, Executive Director
- Ana Maria Iacob, Wellbeing Programme Coordinator
- Daniela Săvescu, Timișoara Viennese Ball Project Manager
- Denisa Nuțu, Office Manager